[Box Backup] Files are uploaded/patched daily even though they have not changed in weeks. *SOLVED*

Matt Brown boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 9 Apr 2008 00:07:59 +0100

Chris,

Ignore me, I am being an ass !

The report is sending the same info as it is looking at a log file
which has not rotated for some weeks ( and is now 500mb +). I changed
over to syslog-ng and by default cron (in Ubuntu) for logrotate picked
up all the system logs and rotated them. The /var/log/box/box.log had
not been picked up.

The files I then compared (just noticed) were all small files, and
looking at the conf more carefully... it does say:

# The daemon does "changes only" uploads for files above this size (in
bytes).
# Files less than it are uploaded whole without this extra processing.

DiffingUploadSizeThreshold = 8192

Hence the same files :-)

Sorry for the false alarm, and wasting bandwidth .. I am going to get
some sleep .. ;-)

Matt