[Box Backup] spaces (and other ugliness) in Exclude paths

James O'Gorman boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 15:25:51 +0100

Brent Saner wrote:
> in one of my exclude paths, i have a space.
>
> this is a GNU/Linux client, but it's backing up a Windows share (in
> other words, stored locally and shared via cifs to Windows clients. the
> directory itself is on an ext3 fs, obviously).
>
> normal BASH-magic does not work: i've tried single quotes, double
> quotes, and even tried escaping the path with a \ but all to no avail.
> it just doesn't seem to want to parse that whitespace.
>
> and, unfortunately, i don't see any examples or references on how to do
> this in list archives, community documentation, etc. (and it's
> DEFINITELY not one of the examples given in the conf file).

Can you post what you've got in the config file now, and what you've tried?

You might need to use ExcludeDirsRegex instead of ExcludeDir.

e.g. ExcludeDirsRegex /some/dir\swith\sspaces

James