[Box Backup] Deleted files / Old files

Tom Albers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 05 Aug 2008 10:27:04 +0200

--nextPart5974007.XjuTgvROs7

Hi All,

I would like to have some more info about reusing the space of deleted and/or old files. I would like to know what the current logic is. For example, I've the following account:

>           Used   101889.1Mb  99% ***************************************
>      Old files        0.4Mb   0%
>  Deleted files    28150.0Mb  27% **********
>    Directories       67.1Mb   0%
>     Soft limit    97280.0Mb  95% **************************************
>     Hard limit   102400.0Mb 100% ****************************************

But I'm also getting:

> Errors (15)
> ---------------------
> Failed to upload file: /home/backup/keriobackup/F20080729T180002Z.1.zip: server
> error: StorageLimitExceeded
> Failed to upload file: /home/backup/keriobackup/F20080729T180002Z.1.zip: caught
> exception: Connection Protocol_UnexpectedReply (Server probably reported an
> error.) (7/47)

I'ld assume that this would have been uploaded successfully and re-use the disk space occupied by 'Deleted files', but it obviously is not working like that.

To give more background: I've a couple of 4GB files which I need to backup each night, but they are only relevant untill the next one is uploaded, so an expiry of one day would be nice. ;-)

Best,

Tom Albers
--nextPart5974007.XjuTgvROs7--