[Box Backup] Deleted files / Old files

Chris Wilson boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:21:13 +0100 (BST)

Hi Tom,

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, Tom Albers wrote:

> > > It looks like the housekeeping process is never run, but i've no
> > > idea how to check that.
> >
> > There should be messages in the system logs every so often (at the
> > TimeBetweenHousekeeping interval) saying "Starting housekeeping"
> > followed by "Housekeeping on account 254 removed X blocks...", etc.
>
> I don't see any housekeeping jobs in the logfiles... Something is wrong here...

Yeah, looks like it :( What is your TimeBetweenHousekeeping set to?

You should also have two bbstored processes running. The first is the
listening process and the second is housekeeping. If you have a second
one, could you please strace it for me and tell me what it's doing?

If you don't have one, could you restart bbstored and see if it appears?

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |