[Box Backup] Deleted files / Old files

Tom Albers boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Thu, 28 Aug 2008 09:38:42 +0200

--nextPart1414130.menoE38ZCs

Op woensdag 27 augustus 2008 20:03 schreef u:
> Hi Tom,
>
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2008, Tom Albers wrote:
>
> > > Ah, now I see that housekeeping job. There were two in the past too,
> > > so it must have been running anyhow. Let's wait a day and see what the
> > > result is of the housekeeping job...
> >
> > The account seems to be cleaned now, btw could it be that housekeeping
> > needs the account exclusively? In this case it could be that the client
> > is making a backup pretty much the whole day; and that might prevent the
> > housekeeping to do its job?
>
> Yes, that could well be it. Housekeeping requires an exclusive lock and
> will not run on the account while it's locked by a connected client such
> as bbackupd.

Hi Chris,

So, any tricks how to do this gracefully? I mean shooting the client while it might be in the middle of a 4GB upload does not sound very sane to me. Restarting the server has the same problem... How often does the HK try to get a lock? Like every 10 minutes or something? And any idea how much time there is between the client finishing and starting again?

Best,

Tom Albers
--
KovoKs B.V.