[Box Backup] Boxbackup on Ubuntu

Timothy Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 6 Feb 2008 15:22:06 +1100

Hello list,
I'm having some problems getting boxbackup to run. Starting the
program, either manually, or by the startup script prints no messages
at all. Using ps to examine the running processes shows nothing. It's
very frustrating!

I'm using the package provided by Ubuntu for my release (Gutsy 7.10),
which is .10. I followed the excellent tutorial by xkr47 here:
http://xkr47.outerspace.dyndns.org/howtos/boxbackup/

I've read the ConfigureAServer page on the wiki too. I'm sure I'm
doing something silly. Is there any way to turn on logging, or make it
print some debugging messages before it quietly fails?

Is it worth upgrading to .11rc2? I don't mind building from source.

Thanks,
Timothy.