[Box Backup] Mac NotifySysadmin.sh customizations

James O'Gorman boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:58:25 +0000

Hi Eric,

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 12:36:04PM -0500, Eric Cronin wrote:
>  Has anyone running box on Mac OS X done any customization of the
>  notification script?  I'm thinking particularly Growl notification...  Right
>  now the script is somewhat useless on vanilla mac's due to postfix being
>  unconfigured and disabled out of the box, and I'd like to fix it to do
>  something for the MacPorts update.

I'm not running Box on OS X, but are you sure it's not working? The
script just runs /usr/sbin/sendmail, which doesn't require a
locally-enabled SMTP service. Ben also wrote most of these scripts on OS
X so they should work...

When you say Growl notification, do you mean the MailMe action?
Otherwise I'm not sure it would be much use, unless someone were
watching the console 24x7 :-)

James