[Box Backup] Stats

Per Reedtz Thomsen boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:23:54 -0800

On 2/12/08 8:48 AM, Pablo Fernandez wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to have some more information about what this means:
>
>                   Blocks used: 19052161 (37211.25Mb)
>      Blocks used by old files: 2557740 (4995.59Mb)
> Blocks used by deleted files: 3102255 (6059.09Mb)
>    Blocks used by directories: 6889 (13.46Mb)
>
> What does directories mean there? The total size of the current files
> would be used - old - deleted - directories?

Here is my (somewhat educated) understanding of the numbers:

- Blocks used: The total number of blocks used by box for this account
- Blocks used by old files: The number of blocks used by older versions
of files. I.e. there is one or more newer versions of this file, and
this number denotes how much is 'not current', but still retained, in
case you want to retrieve older versions of the file(s).
- Blocks used by deleted files: The number of blocks used by files that
have been deleted on the client machine. Again, these files are still
retrievable from the server, and this tells you how much space those
deleted files are taking up.
- Blocks used by directories: The actual space taken up by directories
on the server.

So your math is correct, AFAIK. current files = used - old - deleted -
directories;

HTH,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen@reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561