[Box Backup] Run several config-files as one Client

Michiel van Baak boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:59:47 +0100

On 17:06, Tue 19 Feb 08, Benedikt Niessen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have several jails/virtual servers running on one machine.
>
> I want to configure BoxBackup to stop the first jail, make a backup,
> start the server again, then stop the next one etc.
>
> I was thinking to make a shell-script which calls the bbackupctl-command
> with a different config-file each but as the same client-id (which
> belongs to the whole machine). Here I could include the different
> folders for each jail/virtual server.
>
> Is that possible or how would you realize this?

I have several xen boxen that run a bunch of virtual
machines.
What I did is install a bbackupd on every virtual machine
with their own account id. That way you'll have backups
without downtime of virtual machines.
Also, once a vm/jail needs to be moved to another piece of
hardware you dont have to worry about the backupschema,
because it has it's own client.

--

Michiel van Baak
michiel@vanbaak.eu

"Why is it drug addicts and computer aficionados are both called users?"