[Box Backup] running bbackupquery in a browser

Dave Bamford boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 20:00:01 +0000

James O'Gorman wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 06:14:35PM +0100, Wolfgang Trexler wrote:
>
>>  there is (was?) a similar project called "Boxbackup on rails" mentioned on
>>  this list exactly a year ago (-1 day) by Stefan Norlin.
>>
>>  See:
>>  http://lists.warhead.org.uk/pipermail/boxbackup/2007-February/003277.html
>>
>>  I don't know the status of that project, but it could make sense to combine
>>  your efforts.
>>

> Ben also contributed a web app framework to the project about a year
> ago, which no one has done anything with yet...
>
> http://www.boxbackup.org/trac/browser/box/features/codeforintegration/docs/webappframework
>
> James
I had a look at the Ruby on Rails at the time, but I don't think the
source was available.

I am looking for a quick and easy way of browsing and recovering files
and I got stuck as to why I got the error. Its probably PHP related, perhaps
I ought to try a PHP mailing list.
I suspect I need some PHP code, maybe stream functions, to handle the
file IO
from bbackupquery, but it is way beyond me.
Tried exec system and shell_exec. Had a look at the docs on popen but...

Perhaps I need to set some environment variables.

Dave Bamford