[Box Backup] Status of Boxi

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 8 Jan 2008 23:37:32 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Victor,

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008, Victor Meirans wrote:

> I would like to know the status of Boxi. Are there any newer versions
> than boxi-win32-bin-060925 available for Windows? And which one is more
> stable, v0.1.1 pre-pre-beta or v0.1.0? And are there Windows binaries of
> v0.1.0 available? Unfortunately I had no success compiling it on
> Cygwin...

Sorry, Boxi has been much delayed as I've been working a lot on Box Backup
and busy with other projects over the last year. I'm still finding time
here and there to improve the test suite, which I really want to be good
and solid before making a release. I'm afraid I can't give you an ETA
right now.

What problems did you have with building it? Note that it must be compiled
using Cygwin MinGW, not Cygwin native, and wx and openssl and pcre must be
compiled the same way, as Box Backup no longer works and is no longer
supported as a Cygwin application, only native.