[Box Backup] Re: Announcing 0.11 Release Candidate 1

Reinhard Tartler boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 21 Jan 2008 17:40:44 +0100

Chris Wilson <chris@qwirx.com> writes:

>> However while working on the packaging, I've noticed that the
>> documentation (program manuals, installation guide and administator's
>> guide) are missing from the tarballs. In fact, the whole documentation/
>> directory from svn is missing.
>
> That would be a mistake. I'm working on fixing it now. Thanks for spotting
> it.
>
> Perhaps we should generate the built docs when building a release tarball,
> so that users don't need to install docbook and run it to generate usable
> docs?

That would indeed be an convenience option. However, for the debian
packaging, I so no problem adding docbook (and related utilities) to the
build dependencies.

>> Btw, is the documentation under the same license as boxbackup?
>
> I don't actually know, sorry. Perhaps Per Thomsen, who wrote it, can tell
> you? I'd like it to be under the same license, or perhaps GFDL.

The same license (BSDish) would be great. GFDL is okay iff it does not
contain invariant sections like cover texts, etc. See [1] for details.

[1] http://www.debian.org/vote/2006/vote_001.en.html

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4