[Box Backup] Announcing 0.11 Release Candidate 1

Eric Cronin boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:37:27 -0500

--Apple-Mail-12--89252123

On Jan 19, 2008, at 8:13 PM, Chris Wilson wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Eric Cronin wrote:
>
>> I am also working on testing an updated Portfile for MacPorts.  If
>> anyone wants to test it out contact me off-list.  I won't check it
>> into
>> the main tree until 0.11 release.
>
> Thanks! Please remind me when it's released and I'll add you to the
> list
> of port maintainers (and if you give me a link I'll link to it as
> well).
>
> Cheers, Chris.

OK, finally got around to updating the Portfile for MacPorts.  A
temporary version that others can use for testing is at <http://svn.gizmolabs.org:8080/svn/gizmolabs/dports/sysutils/boxbackup/
users will see the update automatically.  <http://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=cat&substr=sysutils
 > is the closest to an official link short of the Portfile itself I
think.

Notes on the port:

configure still thinks its version 0.10:
	`configure' configures Box Backup 0.10 to adapt to many kinds of
systems.

The install procedure is unaware of $DESTDIR, used for package-building

bin/bbackupd/bbackupd-config.in and bin/bbstored/bbstored-config.in
still have '/usr/local' instead of $prefix hard-coded in

infrastructure/makedistribution.pl doesn't grab the perl path from
configure

Despite what ./configure says, paths like /etc/box and /var/bbackupd
are still hard-coded into headers and such (sometimes only in comments/
help info, but still confusing).

As I believe someone else noted, the html docs aren't included in the
tarball currently.

parcels/scripts/install-backup-client is getting a fifth line in it of
format "install dir" (e.g. no file to be installed is there) which
errors out the script.  Right now I'm manually deleting it doing "port
patch; vi work/*/parcels/scripts/install-backup-client; port install"
instead of just port install.

Any other comments, even from those unfamiliar w/ macports on the
manual steps I'm having to take in the Portfile, would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

--Apple-Mail-12--89252123
	name=PGP.sig