[Box Backup] compile failure on fedora 9

Alex Howansky boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 01 Jul 2008 09:50:36 -0400

>> Ok, I can see where this is going. After a ton more similar failures,
>> I ended up adding "#include <stdlib.h>" to these files:
>> bin/bbackupquery/bbackupquery.cpp
>> bin/bbackupctl/bbackupctl.cpp
>> lib/raidfile/RaidFileRead.cpp
>
> Are you sure? My copies of these files already include stdlib.h.
 >
>> and "#include <string.h>" to these files:
>>
>> bin/bbstoreaccounts/bbstoreaccounts.cpp
>
> same here.

Yep, I downloaded a new tarball and doubled checked all four files.
I'm using this package:

http://www.boxbackup.org/svn/box/packages/boxbackup-0.11rc2.tgz

>> test/basicserver/TestContext.cpp
>
> This file doesn't even do very much. What was the error that you got here?

In file included from TestContext.cpp:44:
../../lib/common/Test.h: In function 'void safe_sleep(int)':
../../lib/common/Test.h:479: error: 'memset' was not declared in this scope
make: *** [../../debug/test/basicserver/TestContext.o] Error 1

>> (Most of the _main.cpp files in test just had "#include <string>", to which
>> I added a trailing ".h".)
>
> Those files are all auto-generated from
> infrastructure/buildenv-testmain-template.cpp. And <string> is the C++
> string header which is nothing to do with <string.h>, and I'm pretty sure
> we need <string> on some platforms, so we should include both.

Oops, ok. <shrug> Heh.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

--