[Box Backup] OS X xattr backups

Eric Cronin boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 19 Jun 2008 09:47:56 -0400

--Apple-Mail-3--647125009

On Jun 19, 2008, at 3:45 AM, Chris Wilson wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Eric Cronin wrote:
>
>> I did a quick search of the archives and looked at trac to see if
>> the code had
>> changed since 1.0rc2 was packaged and didn't see anything...  sorry
>> if this is
>> a known issue.
>>
>> I'm backing up a OS X 10.5.3 case sensitive HFS+ directory, and
>> bbackupd is
>> throwing an error on several pdf files (ab)using extended attributes:
>>
>> 21:15:44 WARNING: Exception thrown: CommonException(OSFileError) at
>> BackupClientFileAttributes.cpp(603)
>> 21:15:44 ERROR: Exception caught (Common OSFileError (Error
>> accessing a file.
>> Check permissions.) 1/9), reset state and waiting to retry...
>
> Thanks for the report. I think I've just fixed this in SVN. Please
> could
> you give it a try?
>
> Cheers, Chris.

Chris,

Yep, that did the trick like a charm:

000018d1 f----- gu-asiaccs06.pdf

Also, more annoying than the failure on the file was that bbackupd
would never get past that file to back up the rest of my config...  It
looks like in your patch the attrs too large problem becomes a non-
fatal error by not throwing an exception?  That would be great.

Thanks,
Eric

--Apple-Mail-3--647125009
	name=PGP.sig