[Box Backup] Windows Clients

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 20 Jun 2008 18:26:26 +0100 (BST)

Hi Tom,

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008, Tom Albers wrote:

> Can anyone give me a short update about the state of the clients for
> Microsoft Windows XP/Vista? I've a boxbackup server rc2 iirc, and a
> customer is requesting to hook his laptop into it.

The command-line client works well as far as I know. The problem is that
it's no more user-friendly than the Unix version, i.e. not really what
Windows end users might expect. Work on the GUI client is going nowhere
fast at the moment as I just don't have time for it.

I'd recommend that you try the standard Windows client build and see if it
meets your needs, or if not, let us know what you need.

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |