[Box Backup] Regex causes bbackupd to stop working

Tobias Roth boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 20 Jun 2008 22:09:28 +0200

On 06/20/08 21:53, Chris Wilson wrote:
> Hi Tobias,
>
> On Fri, 20 Jun 2008, Tobias Roth wrote:
>
>> I just discovered that bbackupd stops doing any backupping when I add a
>> particular line in my previously working config:
>>
>>     ExcludeFilesRegex = *.core$
>>
>> If I add this, no more backupping is done upon my bbackupctl sync, and
>> what's of course worse, no error is spewn out. Hence, it took me a while
>> to find the culprit in my config.
>
> What version of Box Backup are you using? 0.11 should report an error in
> the regular expression (in the logs, not in bbackupctl).

Indeed, it does, via syslog:

Jun 20 22:01:30 default bbackupd[3372]: Exception caught (Common
BadRegularExpression 1/31), reset state and waiting to retry...

I expected to see it in bbackupctl output since I recently saw a config
file parsing error there. Of course they are not the same kind of errors
and it might not be possible to show them both in the same place.

In any case, a line number in the above error message would be nice :-)

> ExcludeFilesRegex = \.core$
>
> should work.

It does, thanks!