[Box Backup] Status of feature StoreObjectInfoFile?

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 29 Jun 2008 20:14:32 +0100 (BST)

Hi Tobias,

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008, Tobias Balle-Petersen wrote:

> I was wondering about the status of the feature StoreObjectInfoFile on
> the client? I am backing up 4TB+ on a single bb account. Rescanning
> everything after a restart of the client takes a LONG time.
>
> It seems as if the feature is still experimental in 0.11RC2 as it was in
> 0.10.
>
> What would the cons of using the feature (potentially) be?

Sorry for the delay in replying. I'm afraid you are correct, there are
still no tests for this feature and therefore we regard it as
experimental.

Some users appear to be using it successfully, but if you decide to use
it, I'd stress the importance of verifying your backups regularly in order
to make sure that no files are being missed and bbackupd didn't crash due
to some problem in the file.

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |