[Box Backup] bbackupd false notification

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:12:33 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Kiru,

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, kiru wrote:

>>> I receive messages in every half hour with the following subject:
>>> "BACKUP PROBLEM on host mikroweb.hu (unknown)".
>>>
>>> Why is this? How can I eliminate this?
>>
>> The easiest way to fix it is to edit the NotifySysadmin script by hand,
>> find the line that starts with "else", and add these three lines before it:
>>
>> elif [ "\$1" = backup-start -o "\$1" = backup-finish ]; then
>>         # do nothing by default
>>         true
>>
>> Please let me know if that helps and I'll add it to the Upgrading
>> section of the Wiki (did you read that by the way?)
>
> Thank you for your response.
> I included the following sentence in the bash file:
> ---
> elif [ $1 = backup-start -o $1 = backup-finish ]
> then
>        exit
> else
> ---
>
> This helps, and now bbackupd working withouth problems. (You can attach
> it in the wiki ;-))

Thanks for testing and for the reminder, you helped me to spot a problem
with the script fragment and I've fixed that on the wiki now.

Did you read the Upgrading section on the wiki? If not, how could we make
it easier to find?