[Box Backup] bbstored

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 19 Mar 2008 21:14:47 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Kjell,

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008, Kjell Christian Bruheim wrote:

> I'm currently having some problems with my boxbackup. I've installed
> 0.10 sable form a tarball, did ./configure, make make install-server.
>
> I did run all config scripts and set up certificates, set up a client to
> test and when everything seems to be ok. It is not. When I start the
> bbstored on the server nothing happends. No logs, no pidfile and no
> prossess. Is there something else i need to do?

No logs at all? That's highly unusual. What you've done should have just
worked.

I'd appreciate it if you could try Box Backup 0.11rc2, as that would make
debugging much easier. See http://www.boxbackup.org/trac/wiki/Installation
for details of how to get it. Run with the -DV options for more debugging.

Otherwise, did you check all your log files in /var/log? It's possible
that your syslogd configuration sends the logs somewhere else than
/var/log/messages.

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |