[Box Backup] data store question

Jody Belka boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:09:33 +0000

Hi,

I just wanted to check something about my understanding of the datastore. I
believe it's the case that files can be stored as a delta against another
object in the store, right. So you could have

object 1

object 2 - delta against object 1

object 3 - delta against object 2

First I want to check I've got that correct? Then, assuming that it is,
let's say that the store want's to free up some space. Does it have to
keep objects 1 and 2 around, or is it able in some way to merge things
back together?

Also, again assuming the above to hold true, can more than one object
exist as a delta against the same single object? eg, is this possible?

              object 1
               /   \
              /     \
             /       \