[Box Backup] Restoring a corrupted archive?

Wolfgang Trexler boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sat, 03 May 2008 15:43:58 +0200

James O'Gorman schrieb:
> On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 07:57:32AM +0100, Stuart Hickinbottom wrote:
>>  Yes - there are usually directories such as the following:
>>
>>  /etc/cron.daily
>>  /etc/cron.weekly
>>  /etc/cron.monthly
>>
>>  You can just drop executable scripts or binaries in there and they'll be run
>>  with /approximately/ that frequency (no guarantees). Any output from those
>>  scripts/binaries is emailed to a responsible adult on the system (usually
>>  root).
>>
>>  This is the case on at least Red Hat Enterprise and Gentoo - I can't readily
>>  check others.
>
> Marvellous. I'll try and install Fedora and maybe another distro in a VM
> over the weekend and adapt my FreeBSD script to the Linux way. I'll
> commit it to contrib/ when it's done.

Good idea, but I would suggest "compare -aq" as default, as "compare -a"
will do a full download and therefore generate a lot of traffic. This is
probably not wanted weekly/monthly in most cases.

Wolfgang