[Box Backup] exception BackupStore InvalidBackupStoreFilename (4/3)

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 4 May 2008 13:37:31 +0100 (BST)

Hi Jason,

On Sun, 4 May 2008, Jason wrote:

> So, I ran "bbstoreaccounts check <account>" just to see what happened,
> and it took a while, though less than a day.  The output seemed
> reasonable, so I ran "bbstoreaccounts check <account> fix", and it's
> still running.  It's been going for probably 10 days now.  That account
> stores about 20 gig of data, and it is being stored on an encrypted
> drive so there's encryption overhead, but 10 days still seems like quite
> a bit.  It keeps spitting out hex values as it goes, although it's about
> 1 every 13 seconds or so now when I seem to think it was 1 every 2-3
> seconds when I started it.
>
> I didn't record the data from the previous run (without "fix"), or pay
> a lot of attention to how quickly it was going in the beginning, but
> do these numbers sound right?  Is there any way to guess how much
> longer it's going to take?  I don't mind the waiting so much as the
> not knowing the progress.

That sounds very unreasonable to me. I'd expect it to be doing at least 1
MB/second, or no more than 6 hours for the whole 20GB account.

Could you give an example of the hex output? If there are any lines that
don't just have hex numbers, those would be more helpful. You can safely
interrupt and restart the check fix process.

Alternatively, can I get a copy of the store directory to test and profile
it locally? It shouldn't expose any sensitive information as it's all
encrypted.

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |