[Box Backup] exception BackupStore InvalidBackupStoreFilename (4/3)

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 5 May 2008 23:43:25 +0100 (BST)

Hi Jason,

On Mon, 5 May 2008, Jason wrote:

> # time cat 1_gig_file > /dev/null
> real    0m58.625s
> user    0m0.100s
> sys     0m6.720s
>
> I definitely think it's CPU bound because of the drive encryption.
> One of the CPUs is pegged by kernel processes when I run that cat.

OK, but you're getting about 18 MB/second which is much faster than
bbstoreaccounts is running, so the problem isn't here.

> Unfortunately I don't have enough unencrypted free space on that box
> to copy the data there.  How would I go about copying the data to
> another system and fixing it there?  Do I just need to copy this one
> store and the boxbackup config files to the other machine?

Yes, you could just copy the store files, bbstored.conf and raidfile.conf,
but it may not make enough difference to be worthwhile.

> I store it on an encrypted filesystem because I already have a cluster
> of boxes dedicated to data storage and the whole thing is encrypted, so
> it was far easier for me to just put the boxbackup stores with all my
> other data instead of sectioning of an unexcrypted bit just for
> boxbackup.

OK.

> Thank you very much for your continued help with this.  It really
> bolsters my confidence in boxbackup knowing that someone actually cares.

No problem, I like to care and I'd like to fix this for you :-) I'm
working on reproducing the problem and profiling bbstoreaccounts check fix
at the moment.

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |