[Box Backup] Feature Request

Magnus Homann boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 21 May 2008 16:43:24 +0200

Bjarne Carlsen wrote:
> While the workaround to transfer data via an USB harddrive, which is
> described in the wiki is nice, this workaround actually breaks the
> security of Box Backup in relation to clients.
>
> Box Backup is a system where the server is not trusted and should never
> be concerned with the clients' keys.

Agree on that. If I understadn the Wiki you take the USB disk with user
files in clear text and carry it over to the server?

Wouldn't it be easier to setup a temporary server at (or close to) the
client machine, and then copy the storage driectory that bbstored
created (through the use of USB disk or whatnot)?

Magnus