[Box Backup] Windows Boxbackup path configuration and eventlogs

Chris Wilson boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Tue, 4 Nov 2008 01:02:04 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Brendon,

On Mon, 3 Nov 2008, Brendon Baumgartner wrote:

> > > I'm using win32 build 1857, which I believe is the latest.
> >
> > It is the latest precompiled release for Windows, but the LogFile
> > feature that I mentioned has been added since. I'm afraid I haven't
> > released a new Windows build with this feature.
>
> Anytime soon? I'm not sure I want to get into compiling binaries for
> windows.

I've uploaded a new Windows binary build for the latest monthly snapshot,
which you can find here:

  https://www.boxbackup.org/trac/wiki/WindowsClientReleases

Please give it a try and let us know if you have any problems with it.

> > > ERROR: Exception caught (Connection Protocol_UnexpectedReply (Server
> > > probably reported an error.) 7/47), reset state and waiting to
> > > retry...
> >
> > This is bad, it probably means that something is wrong on the server.
> > Did you get any error messages in the server log around this time?
>
> I couldn't find that error in the eventlogs. I didn't note the time
> before. Here are a bunch of errors listed on the server.
> http://pastebin.com/mc816912

On second thoughts I think this may have been caused by the account being
locked after the connection was killed due to a timeout.

> > > ERROR: Exception caught (Connection TLSWriteFailed (Probably a
> > > network issue between client and server.) 7/33), reset state and
> > > waiting to retry...
> >
> > This may mean that the connection to the server timed out after 15
> > minutes of inactivity. What is your MaximumDiffingTime and
> > KeepAliveTime set to on the client?
>
> MaximumDiffingTime is commented out
> KeepAliveTime is commented out

Please could you try enabling both of these?

Set MaximumDiffingTime to 300 (seconds) for a start, and KeepAliveTime to
60 (seconds).

Using the new build, you should be able to log to a file with the LogFile
setting in the configuration, and set the level used for this logging with
LogFileLevel (e.g. = debug).

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | Stop nuclear war http://www.nuclearrisk.org |