[Box Backup] Eventlog full with warnings

Chris Wilson boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Fri, 7 Nov 2008 20:10:08 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Roy,

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008, Roy wrote:

> I just upgraded my BoxBackup installation, to the latest Windows client
> release (2368) and the server to the latest SVN checkout (2373).

Great, thanks for testing it!

> First I got an error about the notify script on windows. There is an
> error in it. I replaced the section with the error with that same
> section from an older script.

Please could you let me know what exactly you changed, and to what, as I'm
not aware of this error?

> But now it is running I got numerous warnings, like this one:
> WARNING: Found conflicting parent ID for file ID 2002 ($PATH$\$FILENAME$):
> expected 118406 ($PATH$) but found 11495 (same directory used in two different
> locations?)
>
> $PATH$ is an existing path on my windows workstation, and $FILENAME$ also
> exists. Second $PATH$ is the same as the first.
>
> This directory is not used in any other location, so I don't understand
> this error. And more importantly, what can I do to solve this? Or is
> this not necessary (but then I always would have numerous warnings in my
> eventlog)?

Box Backup uses the file ID to track renamed files. It keeps a database of
file IDs by name. If the ID changes between runs, this may indicate that
the file was moved to a different directory. However, it should not change
during a run. The only case where I've seen this is when I've created two
locations using the same path, hence the suggestion in the error message.
Please could you tell us what's in the BackupLocations section of your
bbackupd.conf?

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | Stop nuclear war http://www.nuclearrisk.org |