[Box Backup] Eventlog full with warnings

Roy boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:31:52 +0100

Chris Wilson wrote:
> Hi Roy,

>>> Please could you let me know what exactly you changed, and to what, as
>>> I'm not aware of this error?

>> The latter section I had in my older notify script. I couldn't locate the
>> fault in the one supplied, but I'm not familiar with the language of these
>> scripts.
>>

> If you have a chance, could you try changing it back to the original text
> and report the error message and line number that Windows reports on the
> script? Thanks!

I've put the original backup, and get the following error:
C:\Program Files\Box Backup>cscript NotifySysAdmin.vbs backup-start
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host versie 5.6
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. Alle rechten voorbehouden.

C:\Program Files\Box Backup\NotifySysAdmin.vbs(35, 39) Compilatiefout
Microsoft
VBScript: Ongeldig teken

The error message is in dutch, so I will translate it here:
C:\Program Files\Box Backup\NotifySysAdmin.vbs(35, 39) Compilation error
Microsoft
VBScript: Invalid character

>> Everytime it runs, I got these errors. So it thinks the file is moved
>> everytime?
>>

> Yes, exactly. The reason is probably that two different locations have the
> same file ID. I guess you're not using NTFS junction points, are you?
> Please could you tell me what "dir c:\" and "dir d:\" report as the Volume
> Serial Number for both volumes?
>
> Also, please could you try running bbackupd with the following
> configuration options:
>
>   LogFile = c:\bbackupd.log
>   LogFileLevel = debug
>
> and send me the log file that it produces?
>
> Cheers, Chris.

I've done this and will post the results later.

Thanks in advance,

Roy