[Box Backup] Which notifyScript is used?

Roy boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:07:47 +0100

Chris Wilson wrote:
> Hi Roy,
>
> On Thu, 20 Nov 2008, Roy wrote:
>

>> I'm sorry for wasting your time, but the error mails didn't come from my
>> main Windows workstation, but my Linux home server. The notify script
>> there, also has missing parts for backup-start, backup-finish and
>> backup-ok. Is that already fixed in trunk for not only Windows, but also
>> for Linux?
>>

> The notify script on Unixes is generated when you run bbackupd-config,
> so either you need to run it again after upgrading, or manually edit the
> script, as described on the wiki's Upgrading page.
>
> Cheers, Chris.

Hi Chris,

Why is this file generated and not already available in the parcel? On
upgrading, you never run bbackupd-config, because that would overwrite
your current config. So you're stuck with an old version of the notify
script. Isn't it beter to put it in the parcel and maybe put the config
parameters in bbackupd.conf?

And there is an error on the wiki, the backup-ok is missing there. I
don't have a login so, I can't update the page
(http://boxbackup.org/trac/wiki/011)

Cheers,

Roy