[Box Backup] manual snapshot problem

Chris Wilson boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Tue, 21 Oct 2008 21:15:53 +0100 (BST)

Hi all, especially Matt Brown,

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, Torsten wrote:

> Restarting Backup on errors after UpdateStoreInterval would be a
> solution for me. How complicated is it to implement this function?

I remember that Matt noticed that when not running automatic backups (i.e.
in snapshot mode), when an error occurs during the backup which causes it
not to complete successfully, it would not have retried automatically, and
I think I fixed that behaviour. My question is whether you would like the
option to control the time before that retry happens (using
UpdateStoreInterval) or whether you would prefer it to happen as quickly
as possible?

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |