[Box Backup] Searching with BoxBackup for files

Matt Brown boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:50:29 +0100

Hi,

I dont think this is possible, and maybe not something that everyone
would require (possible feature request).

Is it possible to find a file or deleted file within a store of a
client. I have a situation today where the user on the network knows
he had a file called keys.doc, however unsure which directory it
resided in. Chances are as we back up the entire /home partition we do
have a copy in BB on the BB Store as a deleted file.

How do I go about finding it, without going through every directory
tree ??

Guess what I am looking for is a find or grep kind of function :)

Matt Brown