[Box Backup] Compile Boxi from tarball or trunk?

Achim boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Sun, 05 Apr 2009 23:57:02 +0200

Hello Chris:

On 4/4/09 10:46, Chris Wilson wrote:
> With the latest fixes, now checked in, I have built Boxi on Windows
> using Cygwin/MinGW and it works pretty well.

*broad grin*

I am very happy to confirm that with Boxi R642 and BoxBackup R2495
building and running Boxi works fine (except for some bugs that I will
report separately).

Thank you very much Chris for the great job!

When using the Cygwin-provided CPPunit (as opposed to manually compiling
from source and installing into /usr/local), once has to link
/usr/include/cppunit/ to /usr/include/mingw/cppunit, otherwise the
headers are not found:

main.cc:42:47: cppunit/BriefTestProgressListener.h: No such file or
directory

Perhaps we could simply include /usr/include in the standard includes?

One other minor thing is that one has to remember to run
./make-image-headers.pl after ./configure-mingw.sh, perhaps that could
be integrated into the Makefile?

Thank you again, Achim