[OT] Re: [Box Backup] Box Backup 0.11rc2 on OS X 10.5

Chris Wilson boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Mon, 6 Apr 2009 23:48:46 +0100 (BST)

Hi Stuart,

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Chris Wilson wrote:
>> On Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Achim wrote:
>>
>>> Hetzner is quite a popular host for dedicated root servers as well,
>>> and therefore probably have little incentive to monitor or even block
>>> outbound SMTP. It is of course natural that with the amount of servers
>>> they host, there will be several that are run by clueless admins and
>>> hence get converted into spam spewers quickly.
>>
>> Then it's natural that people will block them, including me. They
>> should be more careful about who's allowed to send outgoing SMTP and in
>> responding quickly and proactively to reports of spam being sent from
>> their servers.
>
> I assume you've blocked yahoo, hotmail, and earthlink as well... :-)

I've blocked yahoo and earthlink as I have no reason to receive emails
from them, and I get plenty of spam. I haven't blocked hotmail as I do
communicate with some hotmail users.