[Box Backup] Non-ASCII file and folder names crash Boxi at restore but not at backup

Achim boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Thu, 23 Apr 2009 22:37:23 +0200

Hello Chris:

On 23/4/09 21:07, Chris Wilson wrote:
> We only build official binaries for Windows at present. Some
> distributions build their own packages. Our official Windows binaries
> are definitely on Trac.

OK, I see that you are talking about the "official" Windows binaries. I
was talking about the latest builds from SVN, which could revive the
"tradition" or at least intention of monthly snapshots.

I have checked the following pages and none of them link to a build
newer than 2368 (which was the last "monthly snapshot 2368 for 2008/10"):

http://www.boxbackup.org/trac/wiki/WindowsClientReleases
http://www.boxbackup.org/trac/wiki/KnownBugsWin32
http://www.boxbackup.org/trac/wiki/CompileWithMinGW
http://www.boxbackup.org/trac/wiki/Installation

>> As for Boxi, I don't seem to be able to locate the binary in the
>> Downloads section of sourceforge [2], which might make it difficult
>> for other people as well. Perhaps simply a link on the main page in
>> LARGE friendly letters would spur some downloads (-:
>
> The last official binary release of Boxi was probably three years ago :(

That is what I am talking about: could we not make the latest 642 build
available or introduce something like the monthly builds for Box Backup?
I am pretty certain that R642 works better than any build that is 3
years old, and it would potentially expose the latest Boxi binary to
more people.

People might hesitate to try out a project where the most recent build
is 3 year old. If there are weekly or monthly builds, the story might
well be different.

Best regards, Achim