[Box Backup] bbackupquery.exe (R2549) requires a trailing backslash with a directory as a restore target

Chris Wilson boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Tue, 4 Aug 2009 23:42:59 +0100 (BST)

Hi Achim,

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009, Achim wrote:

> query > ls
> 00000002 -d---- BACKUPTEST
> query > restore BACKUPTEST d:\RESTORE
> WARNING: Failed to open file: d:\RESTORE.boxbackupresume: Acceso denegado.
> (5)
> WARNING: Exception thrown: CommonException(OSFileOpenError) at
> FileStream.cpp(84)
> ERROR:   Failed to save resume info file 'd:\RESTORE.boxbackupresume':
> Common OSFileOpenError (Can't  open a file -- attempted to load a
> non-existant config file or bad file referenced within?)
> ERROR:   Unknown error during restore.

I'm not sure this is a bug. The default action is to create the resume
file in the directory above the requested one, i.e.
d:\RESTORE.boxbackupresume in your case, to avoid polluting the restored
directory with the resume info file. In this case that attempt failed, and
the question is why? Do you (the user on the command line) have permission
to create that file in D:\?

> after manually deleting it and adding a trailing slash to the restore
> destination, it works:
>
> query > restore BACKUPTEST d:\restore\

I have a feeling that this is a workaround that results in the resume file
being created in the restored directory, which may not be desirable.