[Box Backup] setting up the server and client

Achim boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Wed, 12 Aug 2009 00:27:35 +0200

Hello Chris:

On 11/08/2009 01:27, Chris Wilson wrote:
>> I will send an e-mail to Jonas Berlin (the author of the guide) and
>> ask him if he is OK with that.
>
> Thanks, please do.

Jonas is thrilled to have his content on the Wiki. Question now is how
to convert the somewhat complex HTML (with tables and all) to a
wiki-style formatting. Any volunteers?

> Have a look at For Users/Common Tasks/Managing Client Accounts/Setting
> up an Account
> [http://www.boxbackup.org/trac/wiki/CertificatesAndAccountsManagement]
>
> Perhaps this information should be split into its own page under "Adding
> a new client" or something like that?

That is exactly the point: the howto makes it visually and temporally
very clear what has to happen where and when in order to add a new
client. The page you are referring to is about "Things you can do on the
server side". There are some common points, but the former is clearly
more practice-oriented.

>> OK. Given that the wizard is one of the strongest assets of Boxi, that
>> does make it some kind of deal breaker at the moment :-) Any idea what
>> is not working, or when/if you would be able to fix that?
>
> Yes, it's simply a wrong assumption when I wrote that code in Boxi, that
> I haven't got around to fixing yet.

OK: good to know that you are aware of the problem. I hope the fix is
not too hard.

Cheers, Achim