[Box Backup] setting up the server and client

James O'Gorman boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Thu, 13 Aug 2009 19:59:57 +0100

On 11 Aug 2009, at 23:27, Achim wrote:
> Jonas is thrilled to have his content on the Wiki. Question now is
> how to convert the somewhat complex HTML (with tables and all) to a
> wiki-style formatting. Any volunteers?

Trac's wiki syntax is actually pretty straightforward. The help files
are all available in the wiki. WikiFormatting will be the page you
really want:

https://www.boxbackup.org/trac/wiki/WikiFormatting

e.g. a table could look like:

|| cell 1 || cell 2 ||
|| || cell 4 ||

Note that cell 3 is empty! It should be fairly straightforward to
replicate Jonas's layout to this. (That's not to say I'm volunteering,
by the way. I have no time these days :-( ).

Feel free to give me a shout if you need help with the wiki though.

I'm also painfully aware that the server trac is hosted on is really
starting to crawl (and has even crashed a couple of times). I'm going
to try and shift it onto another server that isn't doing a lot before
replacing the current one. If I get time I'll shift things over this
weekend, but I haven't had time to regression test it yet.

James