[Box Backup] OpenSSL 1.0.0-beta3 for Box Backup/Boxi

Achim boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Fri, 21 Aug 2009 23:33:27 +0200

Hello Edo:

On 19/08/2009 12:18, scartomail wrote:
> I have tried to compile the boxbackup beta3 according to your howto:
> http://cuba-project.org/HOWTO_Compile_Box_Backup_from_source

OK. Please make sure that you follow the instructions word for word: if
you skip steps, things might not work correctly.

> I ended up with an error after the make command. It starts to compile
> and after a minute or so I get this error: make: *** [pcretest.exe]
> Error 1

OK. I would need more information than that: could you please copy and
paste the last 10-20 lines before that come before this "Error 1"?

> In your howto you describe all the packages that need to be installed
> with cygwin. At the end of the cygwin installation there is loose
> text that says: PCRE I could not find it in the web department of
> cygwin packages so I googled it. It seems to be some development
> package that emulates...bla bla. So I searched the development
> packages of cygwin and found the following 2 packages: devel/prce
> devel/prce-devel And I installed them both.
>
> Are these the correct packages I should use during installation?
> Because the make command has an error that says pcretest.exe Error, I
> was wondering: if that was due to a package error or compilation
> error?

I updated the instructions to make them clearer: basically, PCRE and
OpenSSL need to be compiled by yourself with the steps outlined in the
HOWTO: the packages in Cygwin have not been tested, and introduce a
GPL-requirement due to cygwin1.dll: see comments in the HOWTO and this
mailing list.

Please let me know if the updated instructions are clear enough.

Good luck, Achim