[Box Backup] Mailbox backup is dangerous.

Micha Kersloot boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Thu, 27 Aug 2009 10:56:36 +0200

Hi,

> Hello,
>
> this e-mail (from 4 months ago) never got a reply from anyone. Is the
> below statement true? Or is it a misinterpretation of something else
> happening?

I have to warn you this is very true. There is no deletion time recorded by
boxbackup. To honest if I try to understand the source it seems that the files
marked as deleted are not checked on any timestamp at all? Hmm I've probably
read something wrong here.

If I try to find any time checks it looks there are only checks on the object
that is in the store and that means that the only time that could count is the
time the backup is made. So the file that arrived in the backup first is the
first one that seems to get deleted no matter the deletion time.