[Box Backup] Mailbox backup is dangerous.

scartomail boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Thu, 27 Aug 2009 09:15:10 -0700 (PDT)

Shouldn't BB not just give a message "storage almost full", or when the hardlimit is reached "storage full"?

Achim is talking about file versions.
And there is the matter of deleted files.
Both can be applied to the same file.

Those 2 option should be set and no amount of diskspace should ignore those right?

If I have changed a file 3 times and then delete it.
If I have set the file version to: keep the last 5 versions.
And the deletion from storage after deletion from my disk to: 1 year.
(you don't want to keep files indefinetly or the store would fill up uncuntrolable)

In Achims case it should be possible to restore that file with these settings.

Should a "housekeeping" job check for those paramaters and not worry about disk/store size?
How is that realy setup in boxbackup?

Rgds Edo