[Box Backup] notifyadmin.*

scartomail boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Mon, 31 Aug 2009 09:05:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I was checking out the notifyadmin.* file.
It seems it not possible to add a password for the mailserver.
It could ofcourse be added if I program it that way but passwords in plain text files is never a good idea.

Unfortunatly mailserver(allmost all of them) want passwords if mail is send(spam protection).

Because BB uses OpenSSL, I was wondering is there a way that I could setup a mailserver on the BB server and use that as the mailserver to send my notify mails to?
Even if the client is not on the local subnet, but somewhere behind firewalls and routers.

In other wordsm is there an VPN between the client and server when the notifyadmin.* script kicks in?
Or is there a different solution that don't know of?

Rgds Edo