[Box Backup] notifyadmin.*

Chris Wilson boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:33:14 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009, scartomail wrote:

> You wrote: What you might be able to do, depending on your mail server,
> is to use your Box Backup client certificate as authentication to
> connect to the mail server, as well as the BB server.
>
> What kind of mailserver do you mean.

I mean an SMTP server, e.g. sendmail, qmail, postfix, exim, Exchange.

http://exim.org/exim-html-4.10/doc/html/spec_36.html#SECT36.2

> I gues for now the most information on the server side will be in the
> logging. Is it possible for the BB-client to have any information put
> into the log of the BB-server?

Not yet, it is a feature request:
http://www.boxbackup.org/trac/wiki/FeatureRequests#ClienttoServerLogging

> Than a script could collect data from it and send mails(or one) from a single point.

Again, it would only work if the client is still connected to the server
at that point, i.e. not if a connection error occurs. A log full of
messages saying "I'm still OK" is probably not what you're looking for :)