[Box Backup] Can total hardlimitsize exceed partitionsize?

Robin Harteveld boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Wed, 4 Feb 2009 16:03:34 +0100

--000e0cd247e47420f2046219178f

Hello,

I have a central boxbackup server with 125 stores on it. The size of the
partition with the stores is 7.5TB.

Stores are from different users. They difference is size ( 10GB - 20GB -
40GB - 100GB). The hardlimit is set to "softlimit+10GB".

Sometimes a users adds more then 10 Gb to his store. In some cases the
hardlimit gets full.  I noticed that when a users cleans-up. The filed are
not marked as old files. That way the store stays full.
The only way to fix this, is to increase the hardlimit. Old-files are
marked. house-keeping does its job and new files come in.

Anybody recognizes this behaviour?

We use boxbackup 0.11rc2. on a Linux Centos 4.4 servers. (clients and
server)

And now the question:

Is it possible to configure all stores to a hardlimit of 120 GB?   Or is
this a problem with the capacity of the harddisk ( 125x 120Gb = 15 TB)
None of the stores will actually get that big and we will be monitoring the
freedisk-space.

Does boxbackup reserve the diskspace needed by the hardlimit?

Thanks,

Robin Harteveld
The Netherlands

--000e0cd247e47420f2046219178f

Hello,<br><br>I have a central boxbackup server with 125 stores on it. The =
size of the partition with the stores is 7.5TB.<br><br>Stores are from diff=
erent users. They difference is size ( 10GB - 20GB - 40GB - 100GB). The har=
dlimit is set to &quot;softlimit+10GB&quot;.<br>
hardlimit gets full.&nbsp; I noticed that when a users cleans-up. The filed=
 are not marked as old files. That way the store stays full.<br>The only wa=
y to fix this, is to increase the hardlimit. Old-files are marked. house-ke=
eping does its job and new files come in.<br>
a Linux Centos 4.4 servers. (clients and server)<br><br>And now the questio=
n:<br><br>Is it possible to configure all stores to a hardlimit of 120 GB?&=
nbsp;&nbsp; Or is this a problem with the capacity of the harddisk ( 125x 1=
20Gb =3D 15 TB) <br>
None of the stores will actually get that big and we will be monitoring the=
 freedisk-space.<br><br>Does boxbackup reserve the diskspace needed by the =

--000e0cd247e47420f2046219178f--