[Box Backup] Comparing C:\

Chris Wilson boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Mon, 9 Feb 2009 23:32:05 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Brendon,

Thanks for the bug report, and sorry for not replying earlier.

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009, Brendon Baumgartner wrote:

> I setup the config for Path = C:\ and Path = C: and I wasn't able to do
> a compare -a -q.
>
> Looking at the logs, it seems things get hung up on permission/access
> errors. Is it possible to have compare skip the files that error so that
> it does work? Errors are below.

I'm not sure that it's just specific files, although I'm willing to be
persuaded. I think that the error is caused by accessing the file with an
invalid filename. path=c:\ should work, path=c: should not. The fact that
path=c:\ does not apparently work for you is a bug, which I've added to
the bug tracker and will investigate as soon as I can.

Which version of Box Backup are you using on the client?