[Box Backup] Error: Found conflicting parent ID for file ID

Torsten boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:01:26 +0100

Hi Chris,

Am Friday 13 February 2009 00:08:48 schrieb Chris Wilson:
> Hi Torsten,
>
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2009, Torsten wrote:
> > sorry for the bad news, but both platforms are linux Debian Etch systems.
>
> OK, could you give me some samples of the error messages and the output of
> the "stat" command on the files that they report? Also what kind of
> filesystem are those files stored on, and the output of the "mount"
> command or contents of /proc/mounts?
>
> > I ran an bbstoreaccounts check on this account and i got about 300 times
> > this error message.
> >
> > WARNING: File ID 0xa6190 has different container ID, probably moved
> > WARNING: File ID 0x6ee7e has different container ID, probably moved
> > WARNING: File ID 0xac2f5 has different container ID, probably moved
> > WARNING: File ID 0xaf2fd has different container ID, probably moved
> > WARNING: File ID 0xaf757 has different container ID, probably moved
> > WARNING: File ID 0xaf758 has different container ID, probably moved
> > WARNING: File ID 0x96261 has different container ID, probably moved
> > WARNING: File ID 0x91a27 has different container ID, probably moved
> > WARNING: File ID 0xb085f has different container ID, probably moved
> > WARNING: File ID 0xb0860 has different container ID, probably moved
> > WARNING: File ID 0xb0861 has different container ID, probably moved
> > WARNING: File ID 0xb5d5b has different container ID, probably moved
> > WARNING: File ID 0xc938c has different container ID, probably moved
> > WARNING: File ID 0xc938d has different container ID, probably moved
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> These reports show that the client has been moving files around. They may
> be harmless, but if those object IDs are the IDs of files reported by the
> client as having conflicting parent IDs, then it means that the client has
> wrongly moved them to new locations.
>
> What does "compare -aq" say about the client's data?
>
> Cheers, Chris.

I think the problem is solved.

After some backup runs the errors for "conflicting parent ID" are completely
gone. Only hundreds of this

"WARNING: File ID 0xc938d has different container ID, probably moved"

still exists. But you said this is no problem.

So everything is ok. Thanks.
  Torsten