[Box Backup] Error: Found conflicting parent ID for file ID

Torsten boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Fri, 20 Feb 2009 10:00:21 +0100

Hi Chris,

Am Thursday 19 February 2009 23:37:22 schrieb Chris Wilson:
> Hi Torsten,
>
> On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, Torsten wrote:
> > After some backup runs the errors for "conflicting parent ID" are
> > completely gone.
>
> I don't know why that would happen. The store data is supposed to be in
> memory, so if the new build removed the error, then it should have taken
> effect immediately. Are you using StoreObjectInfoFile?

No i do not use StoreObjectInfoFile. But i think the first two backup
processes where interrupted by network errors. So i think the first complete
backup run fixed the errors.

> > Only hundreds of this
> >
> > "WARNING: File ID 0xc938d has different container ID, probably moved"
> >
> > still exists. But you said this is no problem.
>
> It can happen in normal use, but it can also mean that the previous error
> (conflicting parent ID) has corrupted the store. Did you run "compare
> -aq"? I'd strongly recommend that you do that in order to trust your
> backups again, and keep doing it regularly anyway.

I ran the compare and it seems ok.

  Torsten