[Box Backup] "make test" reports error

boxbackup@boxbackup.org boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Sun, 18 Jan 2009 16:33:01 -0800

At 01:55 PM 1/16/2009, you wrote:

>Please could you try changing the number 425 on line 1163 if
>test/bbackupd/testbbackupd.cpp to 481 and see if the test passes then, or
>if not, what happens?

Performed test as requested. Result: "bbackupd: PASSED"

So the change solves the problem on this machine.

Additional information:

I originally installed the same source on two machines on the same day.

One generated the error that I reported, the other did not (all tests passed).

The version of the machine that did not generate the error is:
Linux version 2.6.9-22.0.2.EL (buildcentos@build-i386) (gcc version 3.4.5 20051201 (Red Hat 3.4.5-2)) #1 Tue Jan 17 06:51:40 CST 2006

I tried the change you just requested on the machine that originally passed the test. The result is:

FAILURE: Condition [exp_str == found_str] failed at testbbackupd.cpp(1163)
Expected <Receiving stream, size 481> but found <Receiving stream, size 425> in <Receiving stream, size 425>

So, the change fixes the broken one and breaks the one that used to work. You probably expected this. Hope it helps.

Stefan