[Box Backup] Box Backup Explorer

Chris Wilson boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Sun, 15 Mar 2009 00:59:59 +0000 (GMT)

Hi James,

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009, James O'Gorman wrote:

> It has got me thinking that we could do with a nice API for accessing
> Box Backup information from languages such as Perl and Python without
> shelling out to the CLI tools.

It's pretty much all there, as I've been working on this a lot to use it
from Boxi, although there are no shared libraries or installed system
headers at the moment, and I don't want to commit to keeping the API
stable. I also don't have a lot of time to document stuff at the moment.
But it's certainly possible to write code to backup, compare and restore
by linking against the C++ code, or SWIG-generated interfaces thereto. If
someone would write SWIG bindings that would be handy :)