[Box Backup] make test errors

Chris Wilson boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Sun, 15 Mar 2009 20:23:58 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Victor,

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009, Chris Wilson wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Mar 2009, Chris Wilson wrote:
>
>>  I'm investigating the test/bbackupd failure now.
>
> Bad news. It's core dumping on freebsd at least. bbackupd from trunk
> probably isn't safe to use. Still investigating.

I think I've fixed the problem. It seems to be a weird behaviour on
FreeBSD (perhaps *BSD) where closing a socket that was already closed by
the remote side results in an error (ECONNRESET). Throwing an exception in
that case was the wrong thing to do.

There is still another test failure on FreeBSD 7.0, at least in my virtual
machine, but it looks much less serious:

ERROR:   **** TEST FAILURE: Condition [!TestFileExists("testfiles/"
"notifyran.backup-start.wait-automatic.1")] failed at
testbbackupd.cpp:2743

This looks like a minor timing problem rather than a fundamental error in
Box Backup, but I'll continue investigating.