[Box Backup] clear step by step tutorial

Chris Wilson boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Mon, 16 Mar 2009 21:25:00 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Dnk,

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, dnk wrote:

> Is there a step by step tutorial on setting up box backup with windows
> clients?

I'm afraid not, but you can help us to write one :)

> I am getting lost in the jumping around in all of the pages. I think i
> have the server configured properly, and i have downloaded the win
> client from the www.boxbackup.org/releases/temporary

You need to generate the certificate and key, and the configuration file.
Either you can do that on a Unix box, and then copy the files to the
Windows box, or you can use Cygwin to run the bbackupd-config script which
should be included in the win32 client parcel. In either case you can
follow the usual client installation instructions as for any Unix client.

Let us know if you get stuck, and we'll try to help out.